Head of IT (m/f/d) full timeWe are looking for
The Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology (MPI-MM) in Bremen is one of the world's leading research institutes in the field of marine research. Over 200 researchers, engineers, technicians, and support staff work together to explore the oceans - from nearshore waters to the polar seas and deep sea using state-of-the-art technology. IT technology is crucial for our institute: Our IT staff provides a multitude of central services for scientists, technicians and administration and thus plays a central role for our scientific discoveries.
an IT expert with strong communication skills to successfully manage a team of currently five IT experts and one trainee. This position requires a strong understanding of technology, established organizational and management skills, and pronounced service orientation. The position explicitly includes active 'hands-on' work in the IT team. Several years of professional experience is desired; experience in a managerial role is an advantage.
As the IT Team Leader you will be responsible for the hybrid IT infrastructure (Windows- and Linux-based systems) of our institute. Together with your team, you will ensure the functionality of the IT infrastructure for 250 employees and ensure the continuous development of our infrastructure. Your tasks include:
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering or comparable course of study/qualification
- Several years of professional experience, preferably with proven management experience in a comparable position
- Strong knowledge of IT security, in the installation and administration of hardware and software components of local networks as well as complex IT architectures
- Leadership personality with high professional and social competence
- A structured and solution-oriented way of working, with a service oriented mindset and approach
- Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken
We offer you a senior position in an institute with a diverse and international staff. You can expect a multifaceted job with challenging tasks in an exciting, research-oriented work environment. You will have a high degree of autonomy and creative freedom, and we will promote your further education, e.g. within the framework of external courses and certifications. The compatibility of private life, family and career are important components of our personnel policy. You will be paid according to the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund). Allowances are possible depending on qualifications and areas of responsibility.How to apply
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by October 31, 2021. Applications are accepted exclusively via our online application portal.
The Max Planck Society strives for equality and diversity. We welcome applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disabilities.